RUEN

Kurgan meat processing plant


Kurgan meat processing plant "Standard" is one of the leading manufacturers of canned meats in Russia.

1907
Foundation date of the Danish export hog-killing plant Bruehl&Tegersen, and the British company Union
1912
Both companies form a business merger with the sausage manufacturing plant, owned by Sorokin and the Shelyagin brothers.
1921
The plant receives commissions directly from the ministry and manufactures canned meats for the Russian armed forces.
1926
The plant launches its own can-making department with modern lithography equipment.
1930s
The plant is modernized into one of the main canned meat suppliers in the USSR, its products are well-known both at home and abroad.
1942
The plant workers raise the money to build a bomber aircraft and assist Soviet forces in defeating the Nazis.
1948
The plant founds its own workschool to train highly qualified specialists.
1956
The plant undergoes massive reconstruction which results in 10% productivity increase.
1963
More complex operations are now performed by machines, and mechanization helps reduce the number of manufacturing defects.
1970s
Yet another product range boost. A number of plant workers receive inventor's certificates, also known as author's certificates, or patents.
1980s
A decade of soaring productivity. Kurgan meat processing plant is now among the three largest canned meat manufacturers in the USSR.
2005
The plant merges with UralAgroGroup, a successful holding company with full-cycle production.
2007
A brand-new sausage department with 10 ton per day production capacity is launched.
2008
The plant significantly expands its sales territory, now cooperating with 120 distributors in Russia and major federal retailers.
2014
The canning department undergoes complete renovation and massive modernization.
2015
The plant boosts its exports delivering stewed meats to an increasing number of international destinations.
2016
Our product family welcomes the new series: Daddy's cooking!, Zest and Mum's pâté.